Brooklyn, New York: c1911. A window into the ever-shifting built landscape in Brooklyn, New York, in the first half of the twentieth century: an illustrated circular advertising the sale of a large building at the southwest corner of Schenectady Avenue and Herkimer Street in Stuyvesant Heights, circa 1911, owned by local businessman John S. Biesecker. Includes large photograph of the building, and lists the number of units, as well as nearby landmarks. The building appears to have been demolished and replaced by newer units since.
Measures 9.25" by 6"; verso blank. Housed in printed stationary envelope with the name and address of John S. Biesecker. John Stokes Biesecker (1860-1915) was a Pennsylvania native who moved to Brooklyn and made his fortune in the dairy business, splitting his time between his residence at 105 Bainbridge Street and his farm in Pennsylvania.